White ceiling paint nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,
Have sadly just discovered that not all white ceiling paint is the same :(

Bought some Crown brilliant white matt paint & now the area I have painted (touch up) is patchy and the paint looks grey in comparison with what is already on the ceiling, but unfortunately cannot remember what I used to paint it. Reading online, crown retail paint is probably one of the worst! not sure how true that is though.

It is now apparent I will have to start over and do the whole lot again, but want to avoid buying more paint that is not good. If at least someone could recommend a white ceiling paint (that is actually white looking) it would be appreciated. worth noting that the light coming from the window is highlighting the mess I have made.

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sorry, forgot to mention, it has to be painted with a brush as lots of recessed ceiling lights

I've been using Leyland trade vinyl matt for years, worth stocking up when they do their offers as it's not cheap unfortunately, is anything nowadays.

Leyland smart matt from Wickes or other store will work well for you I think. It's a nice bright white and very flat matt.
Brilliant white is a colour and no two brands are the same. Lilac white. Gray white. Ice white. They all look slightly different because they are a colour.

Sponsored Links
Leyland smart matt from Wickes or other store will work well for you I think. It's a nice bright white and very flat matt.
Brilliant white is a colour and no two brands are the same. Lilac white. Gray white. Ice white. They all look slightly different because they are a colour.
Thank you, want to avoid another disaster

Yeah, whites are not the same colours.

Here in the UK, we have British Standard white - BS 00 E 55. Brilliant white- it's a minefield... Another colour standard, used globally (RAL) has at least four different white colours...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back