White hot water upstairs in basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
\\ Advise please //

I think i've asked this question before a few months back, but don't think there was a conclusion. We have a Baxi 105he Combi - quite new and since the install I've noticed that the hot water upstairs in the basin, is a murky white colour if ran at a normal speed. When I get washed in the morning the sink is like someone has poured a pint of milk in there.

This does clear however but it takes ages. None of the other taps do this so i was thinking of changing them - Just wondered why this was happening that's all.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Sounds like the water has become aerated (billions of little air bubbles). This is your tap doing this as you said that it doesn't happen anywhere else. Can you let me know what tap it is that you have and i will try and get an answer for you.
Thanks

Does the milky water in basin clear if you let the water stand for few mins.

Does the milky water in basin clear if you let the water stand for few mins.

Yes it eventually clear away but we are talking a good 5 minutes.
The density of the colour is real milky.

~~~~~~~~~

Ian - I don't have a Scooby regarding make/model tap but there old school and i can imagine that changing them would most probably resolve the issue. Me being me, i want to understand the cause before the fix.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If it clears bottom upwards it is air bubbles, if it clears top downwards it is some sort of solid.

Its to do with the calcium in water and the temp that it is being heated to, it's just at the point were it all starts seperating. Not sure on the chemistry/physics of it all but its harmless, just not pleasent to look at. Its also affected by part of UK and water quality.

Its to do with the calcium in water and the temp that it is being heated to, it's just at the point were it all starts seperating. Not sure on the chemistry/physics of it all but its harmless, just not pleasent to look at. Its also affected by part of UK and water quality.

Ok dood nice one - so if i go head and replace the old, it will stop my kids saying, " Dad can i have my beakfast in the sink this morning" LOL

I know some modern taps deliberatly introduce some air into the flow to create the illusion that the flowrate is higher than it is and thus saves water. Very popular in hotels etc.

Maybe you have one of these?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back