White Internal Door Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of redecorating my flat and need to replace eight internal doors with white doors and completely flush, without any grooves or grain etc.

All the doors are 4.5cm deep and approximately 198cm X 76cm. I was wondering whether I should have my existing doors painted OR replace them entirely? Any thoughts?

If I were to replace them then are you able to provide any suggestions for flush white internal doors? I found THIS after a quick search, and the price seems great, but I have a feeling that this isn't what I should be looking for as they would need to be painted, in which case I might as well paint my existing doors? Or am I wrong?

Cheers,
Ducky

Sponsored Links
The description in your link says

• Mixed material construction combines one piece grain effect facings, timber and man-made materials
IMO the fake woodrain effect looks horrible.

The description in your link says

• Mixed material construction combines one piece grain effect facings, timber and man-made materials
IMO the fake woodrain effect looks horrible.

I hadn't noticed that. I was using the photo as a reference. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm not keen on the woodgrain effect and just want plain white flush doors. Any suggestions? Anyone? :)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you want FD30 flush panel fire doors, which come as standard in 44mm thickness and are available in 1981 x 762mm (actually 6ft 6in x 2ft 6in - these are Imperial size doors). Quite a few manufacturers can supply these either primed, primed and undercoated or completely finished.

The problem with buying completely finished doors for existing door casings/linings is that old casings and linings are often a wee bit out (errors in installation, building settlement, etc) and so generally require some adjustment with a saw or hand plane, etc in my experience, to get that perfect fit with a visually even gap all round (ideally 2 to 3mm). If that is the case your finish goes for a Burton. Far better to buy primed or primed and undercoated doors, swing them and get them fitting just right, then topcoat them yourself (or get a deco in to do it). Having primed or primed and undercoated doors saves you a lot of work and mess (they arrive already sanded and denibbed) whilst also yielding a better end result, because factories tend to spray coat and finish sand the large flat door faces far better than you'll ever manage by hand

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back