White Knight Condenser Dryer V. Noisy....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had a condenser white knight dryer now for about 14months and have had various problems in the past, crosslee have fixed it 4 times now.. great eh!

Anyway, new problem has arisen, the dryer is stuningly noisy, if i tip it back about 15 degrees its quieter but as soon as i put it level its so loud that the whole house shakes.

Also, i can only have it on the low setting as putting it on high causes a burning smell and im afraid it will set on fire.

Can anyone shed some light on ths situation?

Sponsored Links
I had a whiteknight.

If you think yours is noisy you should have heard mine :eek: Mine also smelt when on highest setting.

It turned out that the bearing was shot and that was causing everything else to run slow, thus not enough air flow causing the thing to overheat.

I put it on my drive and the ****** took it for scrap.

TIP

If i kicked mine, it did go quiet for a while :D

I had a whiteknight.

If you think yours is noisy you should have heard mine :eek: Mine also smelt when on highest setting.

It turned out that the bearing was shot and that was causing everything else to run slow, thus not enough air flow causing the thing to overheat.

I put it on my drive and the ****** took it for scrap.

TIP

If i kicked mine, it did go quiet for a while :D

Another tip

Hotpoint are offering a FREE 5 year guarantee on their product at the moment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back