White moulded doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a few white moulded doors from a site online.

When fitting them they seemed very cheap, When putting the hinges on, I took them off afterwards to paint the door.

I tried to put the hinges back on and the screws won't go back in the wood probably, I'm guessing it's cheap wood inside, the screws just keep turning, which makes all the hinges slack.

Also when putting the handles on, when I drilled the hole for the handle it was all brown paper inside the door.

Are all white moulded doors like this or do these seem like cheap ones?

They were £50 each.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yep standard construction

how much did you trim off the hinge side??

Sponsored Links
Were they marked at the top for the lock edge?

Normally the work 'lock' with an arrow.

No idea, the screws wasn't very long, only short ones that came with the door hinges. I've used longer ones before in pine doors and had no problem.

I know the white moulded doors only have a thin strip of wood inside so you can't take much off so thats why I thought it happend.

No idea, the screws wasn't very long, only short ones that came with the door hinges. I've used longer ones before in pine doors and had no problem.

I know the white moulded doors only have a thin strip of wood inside so you can't take much off so thats why I thought it happend.

are the screws threaded to the head!!
try the next size off screw up both size and length as long as its fully threaded

Moulded doors tend to be at bottom end when it comes to quality, have not had problems with cheap door from Selco, £12.50 + vat.

Also when putting the handles on, when I drilled the hole for the handle it was all brown paper inside the door.

As xr4x4 said I think you have fitted them the wrong way around. Check for markings as the wood insert for the lock is only on one side. I fitted some cheap BBQ jobbies and had no problem with them. The hinge screws only need a nip up, easy to overtighten them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back