White services cabinet for recessing into stud wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've decided it's time to fit some isolation to my shower. The job is straightforward: Cut through the plasterboard in a stud wall to get to the back of the shower, cut the pipes, fit isolators. The only problem is how to finish the wall once I'm done.

I'm looking for a white cabinet, that can recess into an opening in the plasterboard, that comes with the right fixings, and a door with a basic lock that will stop the kids fiddling with the valves as I know they will, and a flange that will hide the nonsense I'm going to make of the plasterboard edge.

Does such a thing exist, and who would supply it?

Many thanks!
S.

Sponsored Links
Not really seen anything like that.

I'd cut out a square of board large enough to get to the pipework, do the valve fitting, then replace with a new piece of board. Then drill 2 x 15mm holes or one rectangular hole in line with the valves that will allow a decent sized screwdriver in, then just pop in a rectangular or a couple of round plastic insert covers, should leave it largely invisible.

Sponsored Links
I would use one of the access panels which Jeff has linked you to.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back