Who can fit a boiler for me in the East Cornwall area please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plumber that I usually have has become ill. Normally I work well together with him. To do a job like this he usually charges c£300 with me helping, which I think it very fair, however this is also a conversion from an open system to a combi system, so I'd expect to have to do more to help him and pay more.

Also I am looking to resite the boiler on the ground floor, directly underneath where it is at the moment on the first floor.

But I've just had a quote of £2k including the same boiler that I can buy for under £600 or more to the point, about £1400 without. OK so he has also priced for TRVs. I reckon they'll come in at £200 all in but even so!

I would be willing to drain the system, flush out the radiators, maybe change the odd radiator, fit the TRVs myself - one of them is fairly new anyway Disconnect and remove the copper tank and assist in altering the plumbing to suit the new boiler bearing in mind it will be a combi system. I would even make the hole for the flue in its new location and help with the pipework on the day.

After the new boiler is in I would then remove the old boiler, make good the hole left by the flue and then remove both header and copper tanks etc.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry mate it's difficult to price but £2k sounds reasonable most decent plumbers are busy and there profit is built in the job so u were extraordinarily lucky to find a bloke to do it for £300

do you not realise that this guy quoting you is a fully trained, qualified prob time served gas engineer trying to run a business/earn his living???
there you go trying to make him do his job for a minute proportion of what he could normally get on other jobs. you're having a laugh :evil:

Sponsored Links
The quote you have is quite reasonable and only a little more than I would charge.

Previously you have largely been doing much of the work yourself with the qualified plumber managing the work and doing the gas related parts.

I thought the economy in Cornwall in the winter was pretty dire but perhaps not.

What you need to do is to find someone qualified who will agree to work WITH you like the other fellow has done before. That may be harder.

I would certainly consider doing something like that but usually people who want to do that dont properly value the professional and begrudge paying the usual rates.

Tony

OK forget I asked then. Clearly I'm asking this question on the wrong forum.
clearly, why dont you try the" i dont want to pay much for work that needs a qualified engineer to do cos i'll do most of the work and take out most of the profit that the engineer relies on to run a business" forum!!!!!!!!! do you take your car to a tyre garage and say " yes mate just bring me the tools and i'll jack the car up, take the wheels off, you can swap the tyres then bring em back and i'll fit em back on" how dont you see how ignorant you're being to proffessionals??????

I thought the economy in Cornwall in the winter was pretty dire but perhaps not.

it is. but most decent tradesmen round these ways will always have work. no room for complacency. its to small a county for that. most my work is word is word of mouth. and from fellow engineers. for the price the OP wants to pay i wouldn't even look at the job.

if one of you had no work + lived in cornwall, you would all be saying different things.
this is a case of scratch my back is it not.

hmm i live in cornwall, had little work come in over the summer. as most around here did. and still rejected people who thought i'd work for minimal wage. so your wrong sorry.

OP will probably charge you though, for being on the other side of the tamar. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back