Who can tell me what these are for?

Sponsored Links
Look like the same type of pressure sensors on domestic water pumped systems. I would hazard that the are under and over pressure sensors to cut out something.

Yuo clearly have a Sealed system those are Teddington Pressure Switches for High / Low pressure shut down

The High Switch should be set approx 0.2 bar below the PRV blow pressure (Differential "min")

The Low switch should be set at approx 0.5 bar (Differential "min")

The switches will be wired to shut down the Burner and possibly pumps if the pressure is too low or high. ;)

Oh thank you. They are on a sealed system yes. The original 'filling loop' was a hosepipe from the outside tap to a drain off cock!

The BIG question then... Do I need to keep the pressure switches or can I take them out?

Sponsored Links
Sorry buck51, I just haven't seen these before. I have fitted loads of boilers and all ok, just not seen these before.

I always believe in asking I don't know an answer, we can't always be as clever as you.

Dave, they are on the heating circuit are they?

That kind of pressure switch can also be used on a pump and accumulator as could be used on a borehole water supply.

They would often be used with a pressure pump controlled by the switch to automatically represssurise the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back