Who/How can this be repaired? Telephone box on house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I've tried Virgin and I've tried BT - both hung up on me when my request didn't fit a script they had in front of them (honestly!).

So, birds must have gotten to the box that usually terminates the phone line to a house, as the box is no more and the wires are all over the place.

Can I get a handy guy to come and sort or does this need to be a provider? The irony is that we don't use the landline and it's not a service we take anyone.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20230828_103825.jpg
    20230828_103825.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
The drop wire ( the cable from the pole ) appears to be securely attached and so unlikely to create a hazard and the line is not in use so there is no need to repair the damage.

This would be the place to go if the drop wire fixing was damaged/

Last edited:
You could snap a choc block around it is you want to tiny it up .

Cheers guys. Yeah I know we don't NEED to fix it but it looks awful and we're about to put our house in the market.

So, are you saying that this isn't a 'provider ' problem and just needs a diy solution?

Sponsored Links
AFAIK it used to be the situation that the line/fittings all the way up to and including the master socket were the responsibility of the service provider. Has that changed?

AFAIK it used to be the situation that the line/fittings all the way up to and including the master socket were the responsibility of the service provider. Has that changed?
It still is the property and responsibility of the service provider.
However, as the line is unused, and presumably isn't providing the DSL, then it isn't being paid for.
So I suspect Openreach won't treat this as the highest priority! ;)

Presumably with the fibre rollout, they may be taking all the old lines down at some point anyway?

Cheers guys. Yeah I know we don't NEED to fix it but it looks awful and we're about to put our house in the market.

So, are you saying that this isn't a 'provider ' problem and just needs a diy solution?
If it’s not in use, there is no provider .

I mean that if that phone line were active, those poor joints would show up as a noisy line.

Are you saying it is an active line?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back