Who made this decision?

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have just noticed that on the BBC sports Cricket website, even though there is plenty of room and abbreviations are not necessary, they use the following:

Eng, Aus, Ind, Sri, WI, NZ etc.

However, one, for some reason, is PKN.

Did they have a meeting to decide this or is the author just afraid of something he imagined?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have just noticed that on the BBC sports Cricket website, even though there is plenty of room and abbreviations are not necessary, they use the following:

Eng, Aus, Ind, Sri, WI, NZ etc.

However, one, for some reason, is PKN.

Did they have a meeting to decide this or is the author just afraid of something he imagined?
As far as I'm aware Pak is a rude word so would never be allowed by the BBC, and if you were to add a letter 'I' to the end you'd be immediately arrested by the PC Police.

There's a big Pakistani shop in Nottingham called Pak Foods. They sell food to the Pakistani community.

Almost two decades ago, our founders Mr M.Altaf and

his four brothers, M.Abdul-Razaq, M.Nawaz, R.Akhtar

and M.Ashfaq established the first PAK Foods in the city

of Derby. Since then there has been no looking back and

PAK Foods today is a trusted name and a significant contributor to the fast paced economic and social growth

of the City of Derby. An addition of 4 more stores have

come up in convenient locations across the East Midlands and North Staffordshire.

How come his brothers all have different surnames?

When you want the all you just shout 'Mohammed'.

Might be "brothers" in the colloquial "I look out for my brothers"-type sense, rather than sibling / biological sense?

Sponsored Links
Back