Who makes lights which last?

Sponsored Links
But I can say with absolute certainty that if lighting was made up to a quality standard and not down to a price there's no reason why products couldn't last for decades.
That's probably true, but I wonder how many people would be prepared to pay the price - even if, in the long-0term it was likley to prove 'cost-effective'?

Anyone watching/watched mortimer and whitehouse gone fishing?
A sensible discussion about 22:08 hrs

That's probably true, but I wonder how many people would be prepared to pay the price - even if, in the long-0term it was likley to prove 'cost-effective'?
That's what I tried to do with the Energisers & Philips
:(:confused::rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
That's what I tried to do with the Energisers & Philips
:(:confused::rolleyes:
... and me. As I said, I tried the very expensive 'reputable brand ones', before coming to the conclusion that, at least for me, the very cheap ones were at least as reliable, probably appreciably more so in many cases.

Whilst a high price might sometimes be the result of 'better made' (hence hopefully a better and/or more reliable product) that is far from always the case - that very high price might also be the result of an obscene level of profit :)

It is called 2D, they have been out since the 80's and there are LED units to fit them. But they also make it look like a doctors surgery.
I meant round "equivalents" of 600mm square panels. Although preferably not 600mm dia. I guess just a "standard" where a choice of xmm dia round panels was always, and would always be, as wide as 600x600.

FWIW I use led bulbs that I buy in Poundland and they seem as good as any. I did also get a few clearance bargains from toolstation recently, namely a few "2w" bulbs that got used in several lamps.
I also hacked some Poundland pifco bulbs following big clives advice on you tube such that they are now 1/4w nightlights in the hall and landing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back