Who needs circuit breakers?

shaggy said:
The universities are having a problem selecting the right students unless they introduce their own entrance exam. The high grades achieved at A level do not differentiate the more capable from the less capable.

thats just oxbridge and a few of thier friends not by any means the bul of universities.

It is the opinion of all the mature universities and a growing number of younger universities are coming to the same opinion.

But they are having to fight against the governments "desire" that everyone has the opportunity to go to university to get a degree.

This is not hearsay. A family member is vice chancellor of one of the oldest Universities outside Oxbridge. I do not have a degree and did not go to university. ( other than the university of life and adversity )

Sponsored Links
Congratulations guys on resurrecting a thread that’s been dead for over 3 years! Please dial 0906 358 1589 to claim your prize :LOL:

Mods is there any way of automatically locking threads after a certain period of time or inactivity, but leaving them on the site for reference?

i did a search on dryer motor and it turned this up near the top. Dont ask me why. But it was an interesting thread so i read it, asnd then found I posted to it 5 years ago. Some truths just don't change, do they? In the news students bemoaning that despite record numbers of people going to university and all having good grades, they just cant get a place. And I bet they still cant change a fuse. But then mathematics isnt a subject which has had quite such a boom as others, so maybe they don't understand the statistics which explain why they are in this fix.

Sponsored Links
It points out the dangers when non-competent people work on electrical installations - the dangers can be really serious - as this photo pointed out all those years ago! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back