Who saw Mr Fs comments as regards Scotland?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I do not know if a clip on Scottish National TV made it to the National view? BUT

Mr F seems to have stated that he would cut off any funding to Scotland, the Barnet formulae would be terminated? No funding, despite the Scots paying PAYE + Other taxes to the HMRC / VAT / Etc. Etc

How to really win friends and influence which way we up here in the far frozen north think and are informed

Could it be that Nige has abandoned all hope up here? or does he just want all the HMRC returns and Oil revenues to stay up here, OK I know that the Oil revenue cannot be Hi jacked by any Scottish Government, BUT?

Is it possible that Mr F has done irreparable damage to his parties prospects up here? or has he already given up on us up here?

What would happen if a Scottish Government that could introduce its own taxation policy were to implement a "Surcharge" on oil landed?

Or, as has been posted elsewhere on this section of the board is Mr F simply getting back at the Students from that incident in Edinburgh's high Street?

I think we are just beginning to see what is the true face of Mr F there is a possibility of a very petty tit for tat thing?

Have fun with this post everyone, especially the UKIP support

Ken

Sponsored Links
You rebels are a lost cause.
All parties should cut your generous funding just for trying an independence bid.

But lets face it.. if the snp and labour have any say in the next government you'll all be poor as fook anyrode. :LOL:
In the long run.
Remember Gordon Brown?

His pensions tax raid now costs taxpayers £10 billion yearly. It was the highest yielding receipt for the government in the last 20 years when invoked by brown.

Well when you run a high spend government someone has to pay eh?
Traditionally when treasury officials leave office they leave detailed and constructive advice for their successors...

The Liam Byrne note to the incoming lib/con....

'Dear Chief Secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there is no money. Kind regards and good luck!'

Norcon, hi

Interesting difference in the approach between Mr F and Nicola?

Mr F appears to state cut off all funding, despite the Scots contributing to HMRC in ENGLAND + all the other taxes, VAT, Corporation Tax, DVLA Tax, Et all.

I believe that a gentler approach by Nicola is that some sort of an agreement is being tried [but not with the Conservatives ] I have yet to see any statements from Nicola that, as per Mr Fs remarks that are completely disenfranchising us what was it that sparked the American Revolution and other places was it something like no taxation without representation,

Ken

Norcon, hi again

Remember Gordon Brown?

Yes I recall this PM.

Forgive me but as I recall he was a LABOUR Prime Minister I cannot recall him being an advocate of the SNP

Sponsored Links
scrapping the barnet formula
leaving the eu
and scrapping the north south rail link
pays for every thing in his eyes :eek: :rolleyes:

We'll never pay for everything because we live beyond our means on debt. Doesn't matter who governs.
But leaving the eu will be a good start.
Gmac seems happy to foist more unnecessary debt unto uk tax payers.

I do not know if a clip on Scottish National TV made it to the National view?

I haven't seen it, so I don't know details of his proposals.

As far as I'm concerned, financial support should be provided equally across the whole country, and by that I mean the UK.

We hear that the Barnett Formula assigns more money to Scotland than to England, Wales and Northern Ireland yet, assuming this is true, I have no idea why this should be considered fair.

Is it bribery to keep the Scots, or at least those who want independence, happy?

As far as I'm concerned, financial support should be provided equally across the whole country, and by that I mean the UK.

We hear that the Barnett Formula assigns more money to Scotland than to England, Wales and Northern Ireland yet, assuming this is true, I have no idea why this should be considered fair.

Is it bribery to keep the Scots, or at least those who want independence, happy?
its to do with giving equal value to everyone
a school trip or doctors trip is a few mins by car or public transport in a built up area with little cost
where as if you are in remote areas you have far greater distances so far more cost per head for basic services with perhaps a boat or plane trip as standard
or far less people for the dentist school or doctor requiring greater overheads
the barnet formula is perhaps 50 years old but designed to give help where needed to more standardise services

Nige just says what he thinking so you have to take it or leave it. For once we have a politician that tells the truth. Refreshing but not always what everyone wants to hear. That's what an election should be then let the voters decide.

Sturgeon is fighting for a better Scotland

Farage is fighting for a better England

Both the same yet one appears to be more acceptable than the other.

its to do with giving equal value to everyone
a school trip or doctors trip is a few mins by car or public transport in a built up area with little cost
where as if you are in remote areas you have far greater distances so far more cost per head for basic services with perhaps a boat or plane trip as standard
or far less people for the dentist school or doctor requiring greater overheads
the barnet formula is perhaps 50 years old but designed to give help where needed to more standardise services

That makes a lot of sense.

I suppose that free prescriptions and free university education in Scotland are convenient spin-offs of this formula.

Mr F seems to have stated that he would cut off any funding to Scotland, the Barnet formulae would be terminated? No funding, despite the Scots paying PAYE + Other taxes to the HMRC / VAT / Etc. Etc

The Barnet formula is for extra funding for Scotland OVER AND ABOVE what you would get through tax.

What would happen if a Scottish Government that could introduce its own taxation policy were to implement a "Surcharge" on oil landed?

That is the point though isn't it.

If you want greater public spending, use the tax powers your devolved government has been given (and never used), rather than expecting more handouts via the Barnet formula.

There was some justification for this during the Oil boom, but that money is going.

There was some justification for this during the Oil boom, but that money is going.

There lies the problem. The poison dwarf wants to spend more to appease those criticising the SNP handling of the NHS etc but has no money to do it. The oil game in Scotland is dead for a good few years and won't be providing anywhere near the money she needs for a long time if ever.

She's not daft though, she needs to keep the independence plebs on board so she claims they can still have another referendum in a few years and in the meantime we will fleece Westminster for more. How the plebs can't see through it is beyond me.

Farage isn't a very good politician. If you are going to speak your mind you have to make it credible and he doesn't do that. Considering the name of his party he doesn't seem concerned with anything but England. Fair enough I suppose if he simply wants as many votes as possible.

I now have to vote for whoever is likely to keep the Nazis down in Scotland......I don't think it will make much difference Nationally though.

Sponsored Links
Back