Who to get to sort rotting ceiling beam?

It will be even happier days for someone when the Dry Rot eventually enters the picture and takes hold and spreads through your house - which it will.

If it spreads to your neighbour's then you will have to foot the costs of all their repair work. Happy days indeed.

not totally b/ollox.

but to er on the side of caution here.
if it was mine i would expose as much/afford as you can and spray all timbers in the area with a fungicidal chemical.for the sake of say another 50 quid. ;)

Sponsored Links
but to er on the side of caution here.
if it was mine i would expose as much/afford as you can and spray all timbers in the area with a fungicidal chemical.for the sake of say another 50 quid. ;)
What would be your recommendation here? A link to something would be welcome :)

We had been advised to treat with something along the lines of Ronseal wet/dry rot hardener stuff whatever it's called. I forget the name.

I don't remember being told/advised about a fungicidal spray, although with my shocking memory we may well have been. I'll have to question the wife in the morning.

the harder iirc is only used if the timber is going to be decorated.if its really rotten then cut out and replace but as you have been advosed by others that it all ok.so if it was mine i would just treat the area with a combined woodworm/rot fluid.

search and you will find.

Sponsored Links
Indeed. My memory proves awful again. Glad the wife was there as apparently it wasn't that ronseal stuff that was recommended, it was just mentioned. It was something from cuprinol that was suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back