Who voted 'out'?

The question as always is if when native British living abroad were not allowed to vote and non natives living in the UK were allowed to vote was the vote representative of what the British want.

So when the rules were:
"British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK or Gibraltar will be eligible to vote. UK citizens resident overseas will also be eligible to vote, provided they have been registered to vote at a UK address in the last 15 years."

You mean you think the rules should have been changed to prevent Irish and Commonwealth citizens voting.
We have been in the EU for more than 15 years. The time limit should be the same as the time when we got free movement. And for a child of 14 to go to France then 4 years latter the UK vote is taken they should be allowed to vote, fact they were under age when they left UK should not stop them voting now when they are of age to vote.

Sponsored Links
My granddad came over from China on a boat before the first world war. He married an English woman, they had kids, who had kids, I'm one of them.
So I am part Chinese if you like. But I'm a born and bred scouser, whether that makes me English or not is another argument.
Tell you one thing though, when China takes over the world it will be Mr sooey to you fckers. :LOL:
Ok. Fair enough.

Apologies to you.

No apologies necessary, but regarding this

Could it be that the vote was lost because of the views of people who are recent (since the war ?) arrivals who wish to prevent similar people enjoying the same chances that they had.

I would say the vote was lost DESPITE the votes of recent arrivals. Thinking mostly of our muslim friends, the vast majority of whom I don't believe would have voted to leave.

Delighted to know that sooey has some Muslim friends who are citizens and able to vote, but surely he would know for sure if he had discussed it with them.

Sponsored Links
Of course I would for they always tell the truth don't they.
They are after all the religion of peace.

I find it odd that immigrants being told immigration, i.e. them, was bad would vote, albeit naively, to end it.
Because free EU immigration is discrimination in favour of (the predominantly white) EU immigrants over non-EU.

Last edited:
I find it odd that immigrants being told immigration, i.e. them, was bad would vote, albeit naively, to end it.
Because free EU immigration is discrimination in favour of (predominantly white) EU immigrants over non-EU.
You're not saying that people voted leave to stop discrimination?
Do Polish people here think there are too many white people in Britain and vote to leave the EU so that fewer will come?

I don't really see what that or the video, which I thought not very good, has to do with my question.

This is what the Remnants seem unable to grasp

I don't really see what that or the video has to do with my question.
You asked why immigrants might vote out of the EU; that video is an immigrant's explanation of why.

Was it?

He said immigrants were whining because of the leave vote and we should vote either for the country or selfish reasons.

I don't think any remainers voted so just because it was better for the immigrants already here.

Plus, he's a non-EU immigrant so it doesn't apply to him.

Yes. "people like me won't have to feel quite so much like second class immigrants".
I see what he means but that's the situation in Europe.
He has migrated to a country and complains about it here. Sound familiar.

Plus, he's a non-EU immigrant so it doesn't apply to him.
You didn't specify EU immigrants in the OP.
No, I didn't but he could still be here whatever happens - not affected.
He may become a superior immigrant which seems to be what he would like.

Sponsored Links
Back