Who's had the vaccine?

This way we may be freeing up a slot for someone more needy.

Very noble of you, we have done the same since all this began - never asked for a delivery, despite my own CKD issue.

SWMBO works in a local school and was given a pack of self tests earlier this week. They suggest if they show negative, they are 50/50 accurate, but if they show positive it is a 2500 to 2 that you have the Covid. She tested negative. I wonder if the 50/50 is improved by subsequent tests?

I received an MJOG message to ring the surgery at 16:59 for a jab appointment, but didn't spot it until 17:30 and rang to fix it up. All fixed up for next Thursday afternoon. I was anticipating a letter from NHS, offering an appointment at a place of my choosing but nearest 20 miles away, as others have received and wondered if I might be able to instead get it from our local surgery, but they pre-empted that with the text. https://www.mjog.com/

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Where I live there are always spare slots for Asda, so you would not be affecting others, if this applies to where you live.

I prefer to go myself to be honest. The few times we have had home deliveries they have either substituted stuff because they didn't have what we ordered or the stuff we got had something like 2-3 days life left. Not much use getting on a Wednesday but you need it for Sat/Sun.

you should be kept in for 15mins to check no reaction, so you should NOT have been allowed to leave the building for 15mins
My Mrs had hers at local Doc's surgery today, made her wait in the car for 15mins after. Makes sense really as it would slow down the throughput waiting for them to leave.

Very noble of you, we have done the same since all this began - never asked for a delivery, despite my own CKD issue.

SWMBO works in a local school and was given a pack of self tests earlier this week. They suggest if they show negative, they are 50/50 accurate, but if they show positive it is a 2500 to 2 that you have the Covid. She tested negative. I wonder if the 50/50 is improved by subsequent tests?

I received an MJOG message to ring the surgery at 16:59 for a jab appointment, but didn't spot it until 17:30 and rang to fix it up. All fixed up for next Thursday afternoon. I was anticipating a letter from NHS, offering an appointment at a place of my choosing but nearest 20 miles away, as others have received and wondered if I might be able to instead get it from our local surgery, but they pre-empted that with the text.

Whats an MJOG message?

Sponsored Links
Whats an MJOG message?

Its a text message service the surgery asks you to sign up for, so I did. Why they don't just use ordinary text messages I don't know, but some of their messages now appear on MJOG, others as ordinary text messages. I don't usually check the MJOG, so I was very lucky to spot it.

I signed up as a guinea-pig and get a weekly survey asking if I've had any symptoms. I got a self-testing pack in the post this week, to use if I do. Suppose it would save a wasted journey to a testing station, and be quicker.

Not really, the lower accuracy is mostly down to poorer sampling technique, if you've messed that up once you're likely to do it wrong the second time.

The lateral flow tests are useful to pick up people who should be isolating but hadn't realised, but they must not be used to say "I don't have Covid-19".

I understand the normal swab test can miss early stages and there has been plenty of comments on how nose swabs should be taken - it's rather uncomfortable and needs to go right back into the parts that are always moist. The lateral flow tests have been used to take some out of circulation but correctly taken ones might take out more.

We had letter to book our jabs today. Strange. They were booked via the local GP but not at their practice early this week. :( It's making me wonder how accurately the information will be collected etc.

My mum has had hers too and she asked the black district nurse that calls round every day to administer her injections whether she will have it. "No" was the reply and she didn’t want to discuss it.

Maybe she has some inside information of the ingredients?? :sneaky:

Andy

We had letter to book our jabs today. Strange. They were booked via the local GP but not at their practice early this week. :( It's making me wonder how accurately the information will be collected etc.
It's a pretty standard thing to get vaccines outside your GP surgery, all they need is your NHS number and it'll get to the right place (if you don't know yours it's printed on any prescriptions you get and most NHS letters) plus they've probably done it thousands of times already this year at whatever site you're visiting, I wouldn't worry.

I wouldn't worry.

I wasn't but checked with the GP just in case who said that a lot of their phone calls were about people getting the letter after an appointment had been made. My wife would have been asking about it for ever if I hadn't phoned. The letter has NHS number and a bar code for it as well. Some friend of my wife has said having your medical card handy speeds things up so I said ok stick them in your bag. ;) She would be inclined to go in waving them about which might slow things down - assuming they have bar code readers.

Appointment rates suggest crowds. :(

Nah not me not old enough yet, old man is due a jab soon i believe.

Sponsored Links
Back