Who's had the vaccine?

I just got AZ'ed. ;) So much for our doc who said I would be Pf'ed. Asked about that due to curiosity. All they have is AZ. Large full facility GP type medical centre with appointments every 4 min. Sat in the car for 10min, wife worries, I would have made it a bit shorter. Went in ~5 min before time and allowed in. Jabs more or less at the correct time. Very close actually and all rather short queues. It's been running like that all of the time. ;) Might be due to older people who know what queues are and that one side of stairs is for going up and the other for coming down. Brummies did once as the city centre gets rather crowded.

Neatly given jab too - think it was a GP helping out. Part of me wished JVT was working there. He does somewhere in the midlands.

I half expected a Lichfield Cathedral mess. Long queues and when a reporter asked about social distancing they received a blank stare.

Sponsored Links
I had a text a week ago saying I was eligible and to ring for an appointment.
I thought nah, a few hundred miles including on a ferry or plane, it's not worth it. I'll wait for a more local opportunity, a couple of miles down the road.
I wouldn't want to deprive a UK person of a vaccine opportunity. They need it more than me. :whistle:
In a few months they'll be giving them away left, right and centre.

I had a text a week ago saying I was eligible and to ring for an appointment.
I thought nah, a few hundred miles including on a ferry or plane, it's not worth it. I'll wait for a more local opportunity, a couple of miles down the road.
I wouldn't want to deprive a UK person of a vaccine opportunity. They need it more than me. :whistle:
In a few months they'll be giving them away left, right and centre.

very noble of u himmagsin

not to worry himagain the French will sort it eventually

macron will probably pull a favour on the old boy network and give putin a call for some of the Sputnik vaccine
It needs testing on some one :idea:

Sponsored Links
So what’s your status there then? Resident? Ex-pat? Long term overstayer? Why are you getting texts from the U.K. NHS?
Resident. The UK have not updated their systems.
I still have a UK passport (a burgundy one :whistle:) so would still be eligible for UK treatment, but I don't bother exploiting that.
My French cover is partly state and partly private.
It would still be state even if I were not working due to the S1. (the process of informing UK that you are no longer resident in UK and registering with your new host for state taxation/benefits, etc.)

Still have your U.K. mobile by the looks of it too. :whistle:
Yep, I keep it going. No reason why not. The amount of use it gets is a paltry sum. I dare say £30 suffices for more than 12 months.
Considering my income tax is about a 50% reduction in France, I'm well chuffed.

Resident. The UK have not updated their systems.
Likewise.

I had a phone call from my ex-medical practice in the UK asking if I wanted vaccine.

Mottie's attitude is interesting. He obviously thinks we should be excommunicated and banned from ever returning - should we wish to. He doesn't seem to realise we just help make up for all those nice foreign people that live near him.

Yeah, yeah. :rolleyes:
'Tis true. Allow me to explain the mechanics of it. You'll understand the mechanics.
In UK I am taxed on my private and state pension combined.
In France I am only taxed on my private pension. My state pension is tax-free and not included in my tax liability.
Considering the personal allowance, it makes a substantial difference to my tax liability.

Added to that the council tax equivalent is well less, and my three vehicles are French registered so no road tax is liable. I'm hundreds, maybe thousands, of quids better off.

My partners just had the one from the usa, cant remember its name. Had a sore arm for a few days and a bit sicky...

That's precisely why I'm not bothered travelling several hundred miles kilometres for a UK one.

dare say the UK will be able to get over your non attendance

and why did u get an offer of a vaccine any way

how are u in a vulnerable group ?

how are u in a vulnerable group ?

Death-has-Forgotten-me-179-year-Old-man-cries-out.jpg

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back