Whrilpool AWO/D 4507 noisy/banging drum!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this washing machine & just wanted to know if other owners have the same problem as me.
The drum, when on the spin cycle, is very noisy. The drum seems to bang around alot as though the drum was loose.
I've had a look in the back to see if any thing has come off but it had 2 springs on the top & 2 'shock absorbers' on the bottom.

Any advise welcome.

Andy

Sponsored Links
3 obvious possibilities:

Drum bearing is shot. Can you waggle the drum up and down in relation to the outer tub? Does it make ominous sounds when turned by hand?

Shock absorbers are clapped out. Don't know a simple test for this.

Something stuck between drum and the tub (bra wires and small change are favourites) Get a torch, stick head in machine and see if you can spot anything through the perforations. I'm told you can get junk out through the hole in the tub that connects to the pump.

Hi, the washer is only about 1 year old & to be honest it was like that from new. I thought it might have been us putting too much in but it is a 7kg load machine & it does bang around even with little washing in it.
It seems to me that the cloths are not balanced out so this is causing an uneven spin but I can't seem to remember my old washing banging like this one does.

Mine is doing that. I think theres something stuck behind the drum. For the life of me I cant get it out. See if your drum has removable paddles. I could slide mine back and out.

Sponsored Links
If there were a coin or some thing stuck behind the drum why would that cause it to bang around?

My banging around was caused by the drum spinning or just turning and then coming to an abrupt stop, and on and on....

If it was a coin woulndt it screech ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back