Why all the fuss about Rishi's wife?

"A Labour government would replace the “non-dom” taxpayer status enjoyed by many wealthy individuals in the UK — including the chancellor’s wife — the party announced on Monday.

Rachel Reeves, shadow chancellor, said Labour would abolish non-domiciled status and introduce a shorter term scheme for those staying in the UK for up to five years. Britain’s non-doms can currently enjoy tax-free status on foreign earnings for up to 15 years."

FT.com

"Jim Pickard in London 8 hours ago
Yeah, I saw that too. Let's come back to this if Labour ever get in power and see whether they will actually do anything about it. I strongly suspect they won't.

Sponsored Links
"A Labour government would replace the “non-dom” taxpayer status enjoyed by many wealthy individuals in the UK — including the chancellor’s wife — the party announced on Monday.

Rachel Reeves, shadow chancellor, said Labour would abolish non-domiciled status and introduce a shorter term scheme for those staying in the UK for up to five years. Britain’s non-doms can currently enjoy tax-free status on foreign earnings for up to 15 years."

FT.com

"Jim Pickard in London 8 hours ago

This "loophole" has been available since the French revolution.

Labour has had many many chances in the past to close it.

Hmmm I wonder why not.

Sponsored Links
Back