Why all the fuss about Rishi's wife?

I see mottie is very anxious to divert attention from the fact that UK has carefully constructed a tax system that enables the richest inhabitants to choose if they pay tax or not.

Perhaps he has a buddy who is a tax-dodging billionaire.

Sunaks's family changing tack does nothing to address the fundamental problem.

Sponsored Links
Sure. Just don't claim your legally allowed deductions, pension contributions and expenses like @Notch7, @noseall and @JohnD do. You do all pay more than you should, don't you lads? :rolleyes:

So that's another 'no' then. Come on Notch, let's go for the treble of the do-what-I -say-is-right-and-not-do-what-I-do jealous Tory hating racists brigade. :LOL:

Last edited:
Whatever anyone says about Ritchie Suniak, he is a financial genius. He gave us "Eat Out To Help Out" - half price meals out on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays for a limited time with a maximum discount of £10, and now nobody can afford gas and electric.

He's not as brave as Ursula von der Leyen. She went walk around all over the place. Lots of people around her and she even went to look at bodies N of Kyev. Church service too and lit a candle.

Sponsored Links
[QUOTE
He's not as brave as Ursula von der Leyen. She went walk around all over the place. Lots of people around her and she even went to look at bodies N of Kyev. Church service too and lit a candle.
Is she doing that on behalf of all EU countries? Even Germany? I wonder how the conversation went - "We'll keep filling your enemies war chest to maintain the attacks on your country, please accept our apologies".

[QUOTE

Is she doing that on behalf of all EU countries? Even Germany? I wonder how the conversation went - "We'll keep filling your enemies war chest to maintain the attacks on your country, please accept our apologies".
Uk are still buying Russian oil too

Uk are still buying Russian oil too
Yep. But only 8% of what some the on here describe the uk as an 'insignificant little country" comes from Russia compared to 25% of the 'mighty EU'. Who can do more damage to the Russian economy? Why don't they? Supplying them with 40% of their gas too, Russia has them by the short and curlies.

Actually pundits do not think a complete shut off would end the war. They expect sanctions in real terms will take several years to influence that aspect. As usual they are far more likely to have more effect on Russia's population and already are. A lot depends on how self sufficient the country is. The other aspect, countries that don't stick to the sanctions for one reason or another.

As their supply to the world falls the items need to be found from somewhere else. Usually means more price increases and extended periods of time to get them going where ever alternates are from.

The general feeling now appears to be that the war wont be ending soon. Also that the stain on Russia's current leaders wont go while they are in power. Fits in with a comment I made earlier on - the end of Russia as we know it.

Germany - I do think they may get into a position to cease using the stuff within 2 years. The supplies might turn out to be more of a problem but there are alternatives such as switching to electric but that also has to be supplied.

There is going to be an enquiry. A serious one as leaking some one's tax situation is illegal. TBH In political areas and those associated with people in that area I think it would be better to make the info public.

There has been suggestions that it could have been a Tory but maybe some lowly person provided the info.

There is going to be an enquiry. A serious one as leaking some one's tax situation is illegal. TBH In political areas and those associated with people in that area I think it would be better to make the info public.

There has been suggestions that it could have been a Tory but maybe some lowly person provided the info.

Private Eye ran the story in march last year.

Private Eye ran the story in march last year.

:ROFLMAO: Somebody must be rather slow getting around to reading their copy. Probably Putin leaked it. Mail can be a bit slow getting there, China probably longer.

Other people have been imprisoned for 6 months for sounds the same thing... But the accountants and lawyers days it's all legal, while they are running away ...

Let's hope the enquiry is as speedy as the Russia Enquiry. Partygate etc.

Call me a pessimist if you like, but if anyone thinks there will ever be true parity between taxation systems for the masses vs the rest, then you're at best deluded. I'm not referring to what's right, what's wrong etc. Simply the fact that being extremely wealthy in itself means if the individual so desires, they can find ways to lessen their tax burden. Not quite as easy to achieve on PAYE :)

Some things do improve as the years roll by, much doesn't. Politicians of all parties across most countries talk a good game around tightening up on this, tightening up on that. They've been talking about it on progs like QT for decades and will still be doing so decades from now. By which time ... guess what ... we'll still have rich people not always paying what they legally/morally should, and we'll still have the masses moaning about it and politicians saying how they're going to 'get tough' on it.

"A Labour government would replace the “non-dom” taxpayer status enjoyed by many wealthy individuals in the UK — including the chancellor’s wife — the party announced on Monday.

Rachel Reeves, shadow chancellor, said Labour would abolish non-domiciled status and introduce a shorter term scheme for those staying in the UK for up to five years. Britain’s non-doms can currently enjoy tax-free status on foreign earnings for up to 15 years."

FT.com

"Jim Pickard in London 8 hours ago

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back