Why always the last payment.....

We never hold the keys as ransom as it were, we just like to give everything over in one go and make it clean, so invoice, keys, certification etc. We put new doors in throughout the house and it was un-lived in, but he had a key to every door except one, it wasn't like we were stopping him getting in or anything like that. So now he's paid the contractual payment, but has decided he doesn't want to pay for the extra's - which in fairness on this job, have been very little, amount to about 2.5% or something.

FWIW - I was under the same impression as cajar and eddie, but I do agree with Norcon, it seems we are always on the backfoot. (Don't get me wrong 9 times out of 10, or maybe more, its fine, its just the odd payment that seems to go awry that makes you feel miffed with it all).

Oh don't get me wrong I am not in any way implying what the client has done is acceptable, was just trying to make sure you didn't do anything dodgy that could land you in serious hot water. I wish you luck in obtaining payment.

I realise that Eddie, just a shame the situation came about. AS the business grows i'm always looking for neater ways of tying up the contract side of things, payments etc. We live and learn.

Sponsored Links
Back