Why does it take so long to clear Motorway incidents?

If a vehicle travelling at 70mph hits a vehicle travelling at 0mph, then statistically the average impact speed can be reported as 35mph.
No, the average speed of the vehicles involve is 35mph.

THE impact speed is 70 mph.

Either 70 / 1 accident = 70 or
35 x 2 vehicles = 70.

Sponsored Links
I've no idea, I suspect it would have something to do with how long you were exposed. 70 vs 0 will be an impact speed of 70.

I'm a former advanced instructor - spent a fair amount of time training with police to get them through advanced exams, usually when they'd failed their first attempt. Did a bit with RoSPA, IAM and bikesafe too. all motorbikes. day job is IP law though i'm mostly retired now.

I think you are the equivalent of the many village idiots who claim to be the 2nd SAS man on the balcony of the Iranian embassy.

You are none of what you claim to be.

Sponsored Links
haha that's quite funny however i've nothing to prove. don't SAS folk all deny being SAS folk? i thought they used terms like army butcher

Don't beat yourself up. One day you WILL make a valuable contribution to DIYnot instead of your cowardly, predictable 'hit and run' sniping.
Try using your imagination.(y)

Cowardly? Its an internet forum. Grow up and stop trying to be a tough guy.

Afaik there are no speed limits on German motor ways ? is there safety record better or worst then ours ?
upload_2017-9-9_0-1-46.png

http://www.compareyourcountry.org/road-safety

Considerably worse, it seems.
Of the countries participating, UK is 3rd best. (2015),
7th in 2014

This is particularly enlightening:
upload_2017-9-9_0-21-38.png

https://www.itf-oecd.org/sites/default/files/docs/15irtadeconomictimes.pdf

Last edited:
Nice to see all the cyclist wearing helmets. I cycle a fair bit and can't remember the last time I rode without a lid. They aren't hugely effective on the road, but they are hardly inconvenient.

The casualty stats table is very misleading as it fails to address population distribution and density.

Last edited:
Considerably worse, it seems.
Of the countries participating, UK is 3rd best. (2015),
7th in 2014

Fatalities per 100,000 vehicle miles would be a more accurate indication of road "safety" .

Regretably it might show UK fatalites per 100,000 miles to be even higher than the German fatalites per 100,000 miles.

Yes - Accidents per bvkm is generally accepted to be better, but it still goes nowhere near defining an accurate comparison.
- weather conditions in different countries
- distribution of population
- quality of roads
- standard of driver training and corrupt driving testing practices
- quality of emergency services and hospitals increasing servivability
- age and standard of maintenance of vehicles. e.g. number of cars with brake assist.
- type of vehicles used - motorbikes and scooters vs big volvos

etc.

Its vastly more complex than the speed kills, something must be done organisations would have you believe

Sponsored Links
Back