WHY HOWDENS WHY ?????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not one to moan normally but I had to

I know it's not really suitable for here but here goes anyway

Why in blue hell do Howdens supply waste kits which do not fit any MC Alpine or solvent weld waste pipes known to man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad:

Sponsored Links
If it really were unique then it would be to get you to buy all your plumbing from them.

However the compression fittins usually close on any make of pipe.

Marley are usually significantly different from the rest of the workld.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If it really were unique then it would be to get you to buy all your plumbing from them.

However the compression fittins usually close on any make of pipe.

Marley are usually significantly different from the rest of the workld.

Tony

The pipes are of a smaller diameter and are really sloppy on a Mc Alpine fitting plus the nut is too large to screw up onto the bottom of the sink waste.

The 1.5 bowl waste set came with the sink and is made by AGA

The back nuts supplied with the waste kit will not fit over a standard 1 1/2" pipe
:mad:

Looks suspiciously similar to this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WASTE-KIT-TWIN-AND-1-5-BOWL-SINK-CARI1-ADRI1-/220376753331

I know I can get a different waste kit but it will not fit the supplied strainers in the bowls

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back