Why is downstairs radiator not working?

That’s an erp pump, don’t think you can get to those screws. X2 flow pipes or return pipes plumbed in by accident?
Can erp pumps be freed if they are seized?

If so, how do you do this?

Sponsored Links
Is the central heating system pressurised / sealed ,or fed from an expansion tank ?

Sponsored Links
X2 flow pipes or return pipes plumbed in by accident?
This is what concerns me that the plumber has made a mistake with the plumbing

1. I have bled flow and return to free up potential airlock

2. Removed trv head and verified that it moves freely

3. Drained down system

4. Shut off other rads except the problem rad to force heat/water to the rad

Still no joy. Is there anything else?

Attachments

• IMG_20201017_195813110.jpg
    IMG_20201017_195813110.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 66
Fit the actuator head onto the Trv and turn it off. Leave lockshield fully open . Have a large container handy and open the air bleed valve ,let water run into container for 5 minutes ,have a second person topping up pressure. See if this shifts any air trapped in the return pipework.

Fit the actuator head onto the Trv and turn it off. Leave lockshield fully open . Have a large container handy and open the air bleed valve ,let water run into container for 5 minutes ,have a second person topping up pressure. See if this shifts any air trapped in the return pipework.
Thanks

I've gad the central heating on. So i will switch it off. Do i need to wait for it water to cool though?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back