why is loss of freedom of movement in eu seen as a big deal

Sponsored Links
I haven't worked in the Roadbuilding business, but I'm pretty sure that the UK has competent engineers who know how to design and build good roads. Some of them may even have given up here and gone to work in Germany (with free movement they can do that, you see).

All they need is somebody willing to commission the work and pay for it.

That costs money. They would rather stick a plaster on it

You can go through all my posts I have never once blamed immigrants. I blame our governments immigration policy and lack of control of big business exploiting the situation and the foreign workers.

I don't follow you start off not blaming immigrants and then you blame foreign workers.

When you mean the governments immigration policy do you mean where they have failed to apply the residency tests after three months.

Sponsored Links
That costs money. They would rather stick a plaster on it

The pressures of being short termist where the lowest cost bid wins where the same contractors keep on winning the work and messing up. Until we build capacity ourselves and not continue this failed ideology of competition through contracting out.

The problem with this is that you are implying the immigrants are at fault for the bed shortages or the class sizes. The government used immigration to increase the GDP and then cut the services. They relied on immigrants to grow the economy and then pulled the rug under everyone.

Agree with this 100%. This alone, however is not a reason to not vote leave. Voting leave can be as much about expressing dissatisfaction with the way our membership has been handled as it is with divorce from the EU. The answer is simple: Cut that **** out, ensure freedom of movement is PROPERLY FUNDED, and then re-join. I would vote for that. There doesn't seem to be a party that will deliver it.

I don't follow you start off not blaming immigrants and then you blame foreign workers.

When you mean the governments immigration policy do you mean where they have failed to apply the residency tests after three months.

Yes. I have never blamed any decent hard working foreigner.

Agree with this 100%. This alone, however is not a reason to not vote leave. Voting leave can be as much about expressing dissatisfaction with the way our membership has been handled as it is with divorce from the EU. The answer is simple: Cut that **** out, ensure freedom of movement is PROPERLY FUNDED, and then re-join. I would vote for that. There doesn't seem to be a party that will deliver it.

I have lots of concerns about the EU and it's future direction but I feel such a huge constitutional change is not warranted when we have so many other issues to attend to at home. If the EU was headed in a direction that I felt would be detrimental to the UK then sure I would vote to leave but currently looking at it objectively I cannot say that at all.

The problem with this is that you are implying the immigrants are at fault for the bed shortages or the class sizes. The government used immigration to increase the GDP and then cut the services. They relied on immigrants to grow the economy and then pulled the rug under everyone.

In a hospital you have 20 beds but have 30 people needing a bed.

Simple mathematics 30 people can’t get into 20 beds in an hospital.

If beds could talk they would say I doesn’t matter wear the patient comes from they would tell you 30 don’t go into 20.

Good management of hospitals might help as well.

I can see that a person doesn't have to like the system but also doesn't blame those who want to come over and try to make good of their lives. If the opportunity is there who can blame people?
(ps, I think he meant the people exploiting the foreign workers, not the workers themselves).

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see that a person doesn't have to like the system but also doesn't blame those who want to come over and try to make good of their lives. If the opportunity is there who can blame people?

I’ve gone and done exactly that myself. I don’t blame anyone for wanting a better life.

If beds could talk they would say I doesn’t matter wear the patient comes from they would tell you 30 don’t go into 20.

What do you know about management of hospitals? Probably nothing.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/nhs-hospital-bed-numbers

I think immigration is a small small part of why hospitals are busier now than they ever were. People are living much longer which is one, lack of funding for the hosptials is another and lack of social care doesn't help either, blocking beds.

We are in desperate need of good NHS staff and what did our gov do last year? Cut the bursaries for new nurses, midwives and radiographers. More short-term planning when it comes to cutting costs which will bite us all in the backside in a few years time, especially when more immigrant NHS workers leave the UK.

Sponsored Links
Back