Why is Obama black?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The media in both the UK and the US seem to solely class him as "black".

The reality is that he is half white and half black!

That means that is is as much white as he is black!

In my view he should be judged solely on his abilities as a potential politician.

On the basis of much current appeal he seems to have a very good chance of winning!

This was posted not long after voting closed and before any results were declared!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
I don't care what colour he is. From the coverage I've seen, he's young, able, and has the zest about him to bring about change.

I happened to catch the international edition of Jon Stewart's "Daily Show" the other night, and he came across as funny as well. Irrelevant, you might think, but to "get" that kind of humour shows him to be very intelligent as well.

I for one am hoping to wake up tomorrow to an Obama win. Much as we diskile the thought, and it's Tony's fault, we're a puppet to America these days, so the best we can hope for is a new president who knows what they're doing....

I don't know what I'll be more happy about tomorrow, a President with more than 2 brain cells (it's been a while!) or George Bush emptying his desk!

A bit of a shame though that B.O. will be taking over at a time of recession, cos he's gonna need some serious $$$ if he's gonna really make a change we can believe in.

The media in both the UK and the US seem to solely class him as "black".

The reality is that he is half white and half black!

That means that is is as much white as he is black!

In my view he should be judged solely on his abilities as a potential politician.

On the basis of much current appeal he seems to have a very good chance of winning!

This was posted not long after voting closed and before any results were declared!

Tony Glazier

just a guess but i'll say, its because of the colour of his skin

Sponsored Links
Of course he's black - just like Lewis Hamilton.

Indeed it always struck me as odd that someone of mixed race is called black, the implication seems to be that their whiteness has been nullified by their black inheritance. Anyway, for my money the best candidate won, however, will we see big changes ? I don't know, I suspect the US president is like the British PM in some ways, i.e. they are the acceptable face of the civil service machine behind them.

But that said, I wish him and America luck.

In the states they have the "One Drop Rule". This basically means that if you are at all non-white (i.e. "one drop of non-white blood"), you are classed as non-white. :rolleyes:

It's retarded and archaic, but there you go.

And Halle Berry.

Halle Berry, what a beauty :D

1luvu.gif

If you mix black paint & white paint, you dont get white paint.

The question could be turned around: Why are we not ALL black? If the most recent research is correct that all Homo Sapiens arose solely in Africa then we are ALL 'Black'. We all have some genetic code that links us with people of darker skin. There may well have been some breeding with 'other species' along the passage of time (and that still goes on today! :eek: :) ), but the evidence suggests that the 'original source of us all' came out of Africa. Yes, Yes, 'HP Sauce' before anyone throws that in!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/07/070718-african-origin.html

I don't care what colour he is. From the coverage I've seen, he's young, able, and has the zest about him to bring about change.

I dont bother too much with politics and particularly US politics but I was surprised to hear that Obama is actually 47 years old!

Thats a lot older than I had expected and he has two law degrees.

I have this feeling that he will be better liked by many of the previously anti US countries ( apart from the USSR area where dull old people still seem to be favoured ).

Tony

I must admit I do fear for the guys safety. I was listening to the radio last night to the comments people were making about how they 'wouldn't accept' Obama as president and that they would 'take action' etc etc

Given America's history of 'offing' their presidents, I would be very careful if I was the new president.

Sponsored Links
Back