Why is Obama black?

Obama is not black, he's a democrat - in a political sense - which is what this is all about isn't it?

I think too many voters have voted for Obama because he's black and not because he's a democrat... they ain't gonna get black politics.... they gonna get democratic politics...... aren't they?

first you say he's not black then you say peeps voted for him cos he is black, my what a funny election campaign he must have had

Sponsored Links
Obama is not black, he's a democrat - in a political sense - which is what this is all about isn't it?

I think too many voters have voted for Obama because he's black and not because he's a democrat... they ain't gonna get black politics.... they gonna get democratic politics...... aren't they?

first you say he's not black then you say peeps voted for him cos he is black, my what a funny election campaign he must have had

Exactly. In a political sense he isn't black, male, 47 or married - he's a democrat.
But were a lot of voters motivated only because he is racially black?

hmm, in the same way that people over here vote for the party rather than the prime minister?

Au contraire. People vote for a party here usually because they are of a political persuasion, and they believe that the leader - like him or loathe him (or her) - will follow that party's line.
Whereas voting for a guy because of his race? Is that like voting for for a politician because he/she supports your team?

Sponsored Links
Black, White, Whatever, the lad's in now. It don't matter what colour he is. In fact to a certain extent I agree with imamartian, I would like it if people saw him as a Democrat. As Hillary Clinton said, she didn't want to be President because she is a woman. She just wanted to be the President, she just happened to be a woman.

If he's going to be shot the best time is while he is President Elect so that he will never be sworn in and never become the 44th president.

Sounds like you don't want him to become president. Why's that then?

hmm, in the same way that people over here vote for the party rather than the prime minister?

Au contraire. People vote for a party here usually because they are of a political persuasion, and they believe that the leader - like him or loathe him (or her) - will follow that party's line.
Whereas voting for a guy because of his race? Is that like voting for for a politician because he/she supports your team?

I think you misunderstand my sarcasm!

As you are aware, legally, people vote for a party. But in reality they are voting for the leader of that party. Would any political party say "We don't know who we'll have in charge, but you should vote for us as you support our policies!"

This is why Labour is facing (or already in) rebellion - Broon assumed power, everyone assumed that was a temporary measure until elections could be held. People who would have voted for him wouldn't do so now because they feel cheated.

So, my point is that people didn't vote for Democrats, they were voting for Obama who just happened to be the Democrat candidate.

As to voting for someone who supports your (football? marketing? ultimate frisbee?) team - I've heard people say "I'm working class through-and-through, I'll never vote Tory!". Policies don't come into it for many voters, which is why the floating voters are always so important.

Sponsored Links
Back