Why is there so few women, doing diy & building work

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdamW said:
Are there any jobs that don't cause illness nowadays? I am a paper-pusher but I am subjected to the dangers of RSI and back-problems, not to mention legionnaire's from the aircon and high stress levels (although I could work on the last one, must get me some of those squeezy toys! :D )
legionnaire's or is it legionnella? only breed at the right temperature which coincidentally happens to be the exact temperature you find in cooling towers if the water is not treated with chemicals(dosed) properly they will breed and suspend in the tiny water droplets that get caught in the wind and travel down from the rooftop where an unsuspecting individual at street level unluckily breathes this water vapour in.
As this occurs outside and by rights your windows in your office are closed as they should be whilst running the aircon, then you should be pretty well safe(except when you go to lunch outside of course), if your aircon units are self contained ie no cooling towers but exhaust or condensors instead then legionnaire's is not a problem.

Sponsored Links
Because they are all shopping, washing or cleaning........at least they should be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back