Why is there so few women, doing diy & building work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for laydeez being involved in diy...

You've seen the Benny Bennasi (satisfaction) video haven't you??? :D

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
Because ..... mostly, they have more sense ... is why !!

"They mostly come at night, mostly" - Alien

I reckon there is a yet-undocumented stage of puberty for men... Some time around the age of 40 (possibly earlier) we lose the ability to read instructions or understand that if something doesn't fit/screw in, a hammer or more torque will not solve the problem! :D

Curiously, this stage coincides pretty much exactly with the point in life when you can afford to get someone in to do any jobs that need doing! :idea:

However, whilst giving props to the homegirl LisaP for her many triumphs, I don't think that any one sex has more sense! I heard "I've just put some petrol in my car" twice in 2 months... the car was a diesel! However, I doubt anyone here knows any girls who had to call out a tow-truck after a few too many handbrake turns. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Wait 'til that day in the distant future when you may 'do the school run'.
Note how most of the dads fail to communicate, but the women !! They 'network' quite effectively and within no time are sharing school runs etc .... most of us 'dads' just carried on the same, oblivious of each other !!

I suspect there are plenty more examples of them having ' more sense ' if you care to look.

P

I once knew a bloke who had a 79 capri. the orange low oil light came on weeks ago before he asked me "what does that mean?" Durr....

Then when he filled up with oil, it wouldn't start. He walked home and rang me.

ME What sort of oil did you put in?

HIM Duckhams

ME How much oil?

HIM Don't know.

ME What do you mean don't know?

HIM Just filled it up till it wouldn't take any more just like I do with petrol & water.....

No wonder it wouldn't start......

:LOL: :LOL:

pipme said:
Wait 'til that day in the distant future when you may 'do the school run'.
Note how most of the dads fail to communicate, but the women !! They 'network' quite effectively and within no time are sharing school runs etc .... most of us 'dads' just carried on the same, oblivious of each other !!

I suspect there are plenty more examples of them having ' more sense ' if you care to look.

P

Wish they would teach those skills to the women round here! :D The schools I drive past on the way to work have plenty of women dropping off a single child out of a big car! School run sharing is a great idea but I have seen no evidence of it here. :evil:

And the "women communicating" adds to the problem as there are cars parked everywhere (on a main road, on the cycleways, across the pavements!) whilst the women "communicate" outside the school gates for a good long while after the kids have gone in.

You might think "ah, but you notice all this from your single occupancy 5-seater car". And you'd be correct. But you are forgetting something: I am a hypocrite! :idea:

Nah, seriously, I have my parking space sitting there waiting for me to leave my car in it here at work, which is dandy for me, and means I won't be directly inconveniencing hundreds of other people.

AdamW said:
women dropping off a single child out of a big car!
If it is a 4wd then that will be hubbies toy forced upon reluctant mum doing the necessary journeys, while Dad drives the company car during the week
AdamW said:
And the "women communicating" adds to the problem as there are cars parked everywhere (on a main road, on the cycleways, across the pavements!) whilst the women "communicate" outside the school gates for a good long while after the kids have gone in.
Efficient use of the available space !!
AdamW said:
I am a hypocrite! :idea:
I you really insist !
AdamW said:
Nah, seriously, I have my parking space sitting there waiting for me to leave my car in it here at work, which is dandy for me, and means I won't be directly inconveniencing hundreds of other people.
Local authorities will soon be taxing company car parking spaces and street parking ...... All Western Govs require a spectre or three hanging over the people ... Terrorism .... Fuel ... Speed cameras .... Debt ... Living costs ... Pretty clever eh? Diversionary tactics !! Smokescreens and Mirrors !!
Old Gordy has taken the council tax out of the inflation measure by becoming Euro compatible the new measure is approx 1.5% less than the old one used for pension increases ...
Look out for large upward changes in CT .... Not inflationary is it ?

P

Im sure each sex has its strength and weaknesses, just unfortunately sometimes they all seem to attract to one person. Do you find people are either a do-ers or no-doers,no in between? My female neighbour doesn't do anything. Her hubby comes in from work (she doesn't work) and vaccuums, cooks dinner, mows lawn etc...even the child goes to childminders!! Her job in the summer is to sun bath. Then my man cant do anything either. So its either all or nothing!

100% agreed,

They are female or male who are lazy, selfish, haven't a clue or don't want to know type but then that's is their choices.

My son (age 13) put together a b-b-q from a flat pack for my next door neighbour who is kind and polite but lazy and haven't got a clue ! Example, he cut out a plastic insert inside the nut for a self-locking nut so the nut can go onto the bolt easier !

It doesn't matter if you're female or male, you're born with it.

masona said:
It doesn't matter if you're female or male, you're born with it.

Well that's a profound statement...there's no getting round that one!! :LOL:

securespark said:
Well that's a profound statement...there's no getting round that one!! :LOL:

Unless, you have a sex change operation :LOL:

Sorry guys, but knees, backs, joints, arthritis. etc, etc.
My whole family has been involved in construction and associated industries ..... The toll on the body can be very heavy .... When becomes noticed can be too late ....

P.

pipme said:
Sorry guys, but knees, backs, joints, arthritis. etc, etc.
My whole family has been involved in construction and associated industries ..... The toll on the body can be very heavy .... When becomes noticed can be too late ....
Make you wonder who got it right ! I've been told to slow down ! Maybe I ought to listern to my body even I do feel okay.

Someone told me that plasterers have a high risk of heart attack, due to the fact that their hearts are working hard to pump blood up when they are plastering ceilings.

I wonder if that means that the apes around my town centre on a Friday night have a lower risk of heart attack due to their knuckle-dragging tendencies? ;)

Are there any jobs that don't cause illness nowadays? I am a paper-pusher but I am subjected to the dangers of RSI and back-problems, not to mention legionnaire's from the aircon and high stress levels (although I could work on the last one, must get me some of those squeezy toys! :D )

Still, after doing odd bits of DIY I do wonder how it is possible for a builder/construction worker to keep their hearing, breathing and joints intact long enough to make a career of it. I suppose this is where buying the best safety gear no matter what the cost pays off. I still see idiots using pneumatic drills without ear-defenders, mind. :rolleyes: Despite the fact that you can get half-decent ear defenders quite cheaply and even the electronic noise-cancelling ones really aren't that expensive if you use them everyday. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back