Why massive wooden staircase?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lets talk about why people in UK and other countries including USA use in existing houses and build in their new houses big lumping and creaky wooden staircases? I just don't get it...:confused: Is it some habit or stereotype about how must staircase look like? Or some tradition? Please give me your opinion!

Sponsored Links
in the past avalable materials localy decide the construction methods

now its the skills avalability with cost and design having the final say

What alternatives are there?
How about a powered hoist for up and pole for down :confused: . Building Control would have a bit to say about it.

I went a bit different on the stairs to my loft, but its still lots of wood.
031%20stairs%20cupboard.jpg

There are metal staircases available, a single tube with treads on brackets. Look sleek in pictures but when you have to comply with BC, a sphere of 100mm is used to test all the gaps in risers and spindles, so they would fail.

Andy
[/url]http://roomuptop.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
I thought you wanted to talk about design. :evil:

No I don't want to buy what you have to offer, I not remotely interested.

Bye Bye

agbagb you can visit my profile and there is webpage where you can look for some alternatives. And if you need some advice there is also my email where you can write me ;)
No I don't want to buy what you have to offer, I not remotely interested.
Bye Bye
Another satisfied customer! :D

And there was me wondering why you were interested! Doh, should've checked the profile! :rolleyes:

I never told that i want to sell you something. I just wanted to tell you to look at design and have some ideas... weird people... :confused: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back