Why only cold fill ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Is it worth considering a washing machine that has only a cold fill?

I spent ages looking at loads of different machines, decided on one with everything I need, Delay Start, Quick Wash & Quiet spin.
Only to find that it was a cold fill only.
I then looked round at a few other machines, most of them was cold fill only, even some more expensive ones.

Is this how new washers are?

Many Thanks

Cookiez

Sponsored Links
The latest machines don't use as much water as older models so the energy savings from hot fill are less significant. Many machines only draw hot water on the higher temperature washes anyway so if you mainly use the 40 degree programmes you might as well get a cold fill machine. Another factor is how far the domestic hot water has to travel to reach the machine. In my case you have to run about a gallon of water before it runs hot so again I am just as well off with a cold fill only machine.

Thanks for the prompt reply Fido.

The machine I was considering is a Hotpoint Ultima WD860P

Its a washer / Dryer.

Its my 1st Washer Dryer, Are there any things to do differently on a Washer / Dryer than a normal washer. apart from the obvious.

one thing that attracted me to this machine was, that its advertised as super quiet. Are they ??

Cheers

Cookiez

Cold fill only because the hot water in your house could exceed the maximum temperature you want in the machine with modern low temperature powders. Why not look at Which magazine (free in the local library) before you choose? I'd suggest you look up 'brand reliability'.

Sponsored Links
its advertised as super quiet. Are they ??
The DB rating will tell you that. 45db is quiet, anything less is better but would be surprised is this type of machine will be less than 41.

Looking at washing machines recently, I found it was normal for a 1 year guarantee. But if you buy from John Lewis they add another year and also deliver free. But they have also introduced their own brand, made for them not by them and with 3 year guarantee, so that must say something about confidence of quality. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey don't knock John Lewis. When I bought my washer from them they matched a smaller price I found on the net, delivered free and guarantee upped to 2 years. TV was also on a par with others but with a 5 year guarantee. So I don't know where you get your 30 to 60% from.
The objective is always to get the best value for money

bathjobby said:
But if you buy from John Lewis they add another year and also deliver free.
and add about another 30 to 60%. Your call !

We always buy fron John Lewis if possible, because of the extra warranty and they will price match any other store, including the internet at times. Their motto is 'never knowingly undersold' so I also can't see where you get the extra 30-60% from. :confused:

So I don't know where you get your 30 to 60% from.
from price comparisons recently done with my local store. ===> back to originators topic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back