Why you shouldn't use Axetoxy silicon on bath wastes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Axetoxy silicon has rusted out this bath hole. New bath required!!

IMG_20210827_171617.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've been siliconing bath wastes for 25 years and I 'm still looking after some of those bathrooms...not a problem yet and I also silicon the overflows and under the taps.
I only use Kalderwei and Bette baths though.

Call me old fashioned but on the odd occasions I'm asked to do a bath I use plumbers mait. Bugger to get off your hands but never had a problem with it.

Sponsored Links
Call me old fashioned but on the odd occasions I'm asked to do a bath I use plumbers mait. Bugger to get off your hands but never had a problem with it.
Put it in the fridge overnight before the job,doesn’t stick to you hands as much then.
Just make sure the misses knows you put it there first lol(y)

Only time I use sealants (neutral cure) on any bath is if the underside is uneven, usually with acrylic baths, anything else and I find sealant just isn't required.

Sealants and PTFE seems to be used in abundance and without proper though. Eg PTFE wrapped around a new compression fitting on the thread NOT the olive, when not even necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back