Wickes laminate problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

We had our Wickes laminate flooring installed by a pro carpenter (non Wickes) in April/May time, along with Wickes' superior underlay in our hallway, dining room and kitchen.

My house is suspended timer floor, with an airbrick on each of the external walls.

We are now end of September and in places the corners of the boards are starting to lift, and you can feel this with bare feet. In the hallway 2 boards have lifted at the join to form a triangle which is quite resistent to push down with your hands. It hasn't been packed in too tight under the skirting as I was there when he installed it.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Laminate-Flooring-Rustic-Dark-Oak-Effect/invt/158239 and http://www.wickes.co.uk/High-Performance-Underlay/invt/191372

Does anyone know what could have happened. I haven't a clue as we had cheaper and badly installed laminate in the same areas before which didn't exhibit this, so I wonder if it's a dodgy batch of flooring.

My main concern is that as it has been installed as one with no threshold joins, all the way under the kitchen units, how this can be fixed. Obviously completely starting again is a no-no and I don't particularly want threshold joins.

Firstly how can I actually determine the fault, then secondly report and claim to either a) Wickes or b) the installer.

Sponsored Links
did he undercut the doorframes/archatraves and stairs iff appropriate for expansion ??

what length [accross the planks ]is the floor without a join ??

Yes he did, as I made it clear that is how I wanted it fitting.

Do you mean the length of the whole floor (8m ish), or just where it is lifting (1.5m ish).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back