Wickes wireless Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am trying to get my elderly parents Alarm working and looking to see if anybody knows where I could find a instruction manual. It has been disconnected for about 3 months so I have purchased a new panel battery and new battery’s for the sensors.
It is a 4 zone panes but is probably 20 yrs plus old. Would it have lost its set/unset number now it’s been disconnected so long.

Attachments

• B5DEC0C8-35AB-4DC9-A233-71C76532D391.jpeg
    B5DEC0C8-35AB-4DC9-A233-71C76532D391.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 171
Sponsored Links
If it does not have an NVM, the number will reset to the factory set code if both mains and back-up battery fail.

If it does have an NVM, this will store the code that was previously set.

Commonly used factory-set numbers are 0123 and 1234.

IIRC Wickes used to sell a rebrand of some budget make. Response? Respond? Might have been made or marketed by a company that sold doorbells. Can you post a pic of the bellbox, it might spark some memories.

i have not had this brand, but the internal memory in old Yale battery wireless alarms seems to hold PINs and alerts for years, even with flat batteries. There is a special combination of button presses to reset to factory settings.

You might find the code has been left at 0000 or 1234 or 9999.

Edit
It might be similar or rebrand of Friedland.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for help
The 3 models seem similar but not the panel my Mum and Dad have.
I have looked on front back and inside of the control box but no model number.
Photo of bell box attached.
image.jpg

yes, the bell box with solar panel does remind me of the Response ones.

have you tried fitting the new batteries, charging it up and seeing if it works?

If your parents remember the old PIN, or if one of our guesses work, you may be OK

Secure's link had instructions for several different models; perhaps the instructions also work for yours.

Also, search
https://www.responseelectronics.com/help-and-advice/downloads/alarms-systems-downloads/

If not, there are quite a few wireless alarm systems on ebay. I have used several of the older Yale models in the HSA3nnn and HSA6nnn ranges, they are not as good as a wired one, but the ones that connect to a phone line and will ring a friend, neighbour or you, are well worth having, and IME can be installed by a handyman and working in a few hours. I have not used the newer "smart" alarms with internet or apps.

Alarm engineers generally disapprove of the inexpensive DIY models.

Will give it a go, just didn’t want to power up the system with instructions on setting and unsettling
Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back