Wider than usual kitchen worktops

I

imamartian

Hi

I am going to refit my kitchen and want to build an island against one wall which will be approx. 4' x 5' or even 4' x 6'. Can i get one-piece worktops (of any sort, granite, timber etc) of this kind of size? If so, can anyone recommend a supplier?

Or if not, is there a way of joing worktop to make an invisible, waterproof join?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Martian - granite will be available to these sizes, we do big peninsular units topped in stone (check-out areas Yellow Pages for local stone yard/granite supplier). Laminated top - sheet of 25mm MDF with a 20mm underlip (to thicken the edge), sheet of Formica of your chosen colour, thixotropic contact adhesive - make you own up. We always 'counter-laminate', which means you also laminate the underside to maintain dimensional stability (use a end of line colour for this as it'll be cheaper - it won't be seen). If you've got the space to work doing this isn't difficult. Remember the edges will be square so you could laminate these or lip with another material.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back