Width of piping needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking to get my combi boiler replaced with a condensing boiler. The gas feed pipe looks to be 15mm wide, and I've been told by one person who quoted it must be replaced by 22mm pipe. The second person who quoted says it doesn't need replacing.

So which is correct? While I don't want corners cutting, I also don't want cost and hassle I don't need.

The only other gas appliance I have is the hob on my stove. It's a one bedroomed flat.

Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
it depends on the inlet pressure you have at the moment & what you need for the new boiler there are calcs that can be done which your RGI's should be doing based on boiler input, lenght of pipe runs, amount of elbows etc etc, plus most boilers req the size of gas pipe to be equal or greater than the gas connection size on the boiler

Hi, I'm looking to get my combi boiler replaced with a condensing boiler. The gas feed pipe looks to be 15mm wide, and I've been told by one person who quoted it must be replaced by 22mm pipe. The second person who quoted says it doesn't need replacing.

So which is correct?.

Both 'could' be correct , if the boiler is further than 2 metres away from gas meter then i'd say the 1st person is correct , maybe the 2nd person noted that the gas meter was directly under the boiler in a kitchen base unit. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back