Wifi heating thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all I know I've been a silly boy!

6 months ago i bought wifi thermostats to replace some of the analogue ones for our underfloor wet heating system. It worked well so I decided to replace the rest.
Bought what i thought was the exact same model through Amazon and fitted them. Wired them up exactly the same as the ones i bought before.

When i switched back on and they didnt work i realised mistake number one. I was absolutely convinced that i had bought the correct ones, but had in fact bought the electric underfloor version (I'm blaming Amazon giving me the wrong result when i searched - a poor excuse I know). Now all the thermostats dont work - including ones i hadnt touched.

So then i realised that, although they look almost identical, they are wired differently - so basically I had wired the wrong wires into the wrong connections. (Dumb i know) I have now reinstalled the analogue ones but still nothing works.

Ive looked at the consumer unit. nothing had tripped out although i have manually switched everything on and off. Not sure from the markings exactly which one is for the heating. There are also two unmarked rcds, I'm guessing that one of them may be for the heating ,but neither had tripped.

In the under stairs where the downstairs zone wiring centre is, there is a 13 amp switch fuse leading to it. I've tested that fuse and it's fine. In the upstairs cupboard where the upstairs zoe system is there is a fused switch box, the light on the switch is amber, so presumably thats working fine.

Can anyone suggest my next step (other than stopping being a muppet)

Sponsored Links
sadly, yes i have tried switching the thermostats on

To answer my own question - it looks like the wiring zone control has its own little fuse that looks like it needs replaced.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back