Wifi light switch - where to buy?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plenty available on ebay.
I'm put off because of lack of availability on amazon + those that are there have very low ratings.

I looked in screwfix but there is little choice of range.

Any ideas? Do they have low ratings on amazon for a good reason? Should I avoid?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably poor reviews because they are poor quality?

You should avoid anything on eBay or Amazon sold directly from China or by someone in China.

But if you stick to reputable UK businesses, then OOI why do you prefer Amazon over eBay?

What problems with conventional switches do you have which you hope a wifi one will resolve?

I have bought a wifi switch, I selected it as it used same hub as other items in the house.

BAN makes a good point, what do you want? The problem with many non UK switches is they need a neutral, the MiHome Energenie does not need a neutral (the one I use) however it does have some issues. Big one it needs a hub, second is only 3 built in timers, and likely you will need to change the back box as it does need some room.

It also can have three remote controls connected to it as well as phones, tablets, and PC's, plus the IFTTT system. However not really used IFTTT having the light turn on when weather report says below 10°C is not some thing I really want.

What I have found is after removing events, which show as removed on software, the socket (on same system) still turns on the fan at time previously set in the summer, although my plug in switch/timer/monitor shows if on or off and if on how much current is being used, the sockets and light switch do not report there state, so using a remote control you don't know what they are doing.

I would say first thing is sit down and write out what you want. In hind sight, and hind sight is easy, I realise either I should have gone for EvoHome paid the money and got the best, or Terrier i30 and not used wifi for the central heating, and the switches and sockets were all selected as same hub as central heating.

So even before you have first light switch you need to look at what else you want, as if possible better to have just one hub and one app on your phone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back