WiFi problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First thing in the morning I use a laptop with WiFi connection.

Very often this shows a lack of connect to the ISP giving a "DNS server not responding". This is fixed by rebooting the Talk Talk modem.

Is this likely to be a problem with the model which is about 4 years old or a problem with the ISP ?

Or is it another problem associated with no data being transferred for eight hours overnight?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Can you connect to the modem.

Normally you can tap in the ISP number into your browser, which will connect you to the modem, if this happens with no problem, then it is the internet connection, not the modem.

If it is the modem, try changing the signal (normally on the modem home page, there is an option to try different signals, could be interference on the particular band you are using).

if you still have this trouble, try turning off other wifi enabled devices in your home, like smart phones, ipads etc.
Sounds silly , but this solved the problem for me. That is after i spent many hours messing with adapter settings and drivers etc. I turned off wifi on my phone and it cured wlan signal from keep failing on my win7 pc.

Sponsored Links
is it a black router ??
since i have been sent my new black router less than a year ago my service has improoved drastically it automatically updates and fine tunes the connection
if you dont have a tv box they will try and send you one but resist a bit and ask for a "better deal they will offer it for free and six months half price on your phone package
:D

Back