Will a unvented cylinder work in conjunction with a combi?

Up until CORGI letting you register un-vented I always used to write to local building control officer, giving details of cylinder, my qualifications and name and address of customer, stating at the end that the installation is open to any inspection he may deem necessary via contact with the householder.

I never ever heard of any of my customers being contacted by building control and therefore no charge ever made, but I had covered myself by notifying it ;)

Sponsored Links
good job mate cos I did get em coming out pre self cert days

very very very funny as the bloke had absolutley no idea about em

great aint it

always winds me up when certifying 'knowledgable' experts know s** all about it and obviously less than us :mad:

saltstein said:
1) I know the difference between direct and indirect, but which one is the cheaper to run?

2) Is the megaflow cylinder direct or indirect?

3) Do you know of a cheap online supplier for the megaflow cylinder, preferably with the solar option?

Cheers,

Saltstein

1) Direct does not have a seperate heat exchanger coil running around inside it, only form of heat is to run the water you use to bathe through a heat source, in old days this was a copper block at the back of the coal fire which had a damper that diverted the gases back around the back boiler before allowing them to go up the chimney. These days the only likely heat source for a direct storage cylinder is an electrical element. Very costly to run compared to heating indirectly via a coil from a Natural Gas heat source (water circulator or central heating boiler) or a renewable energy source (solar panel).

2) Either, you decide when you order one.

3) No.

Sponsored Links
Do Megaflo and other makers of UVCs with a internal air bubble state the net HW available, I reckon that if you don't want the cylinder pressure to rise above say 4.5bar when heated to 65C that the air space is 25% of the total volume so a 150L is 112L net, 200 is 150L, 300 is 225L etc.

I've often wondered that, if my bubble fails and I install an extension EV will I get some "bonus" hot water?

Mods... You're effing it up again!
I made a point of posting about not resurrecting a thread.
You've moved it.
Thread it's moved to throws an error.
Then you allow additional posts to the old thread!
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back