will any integrated dishwasher fit into my current kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a flat, built by Barrett (yeah, big mistake :oops: ) in the mid 90s. It has a slimline dishwasher integrated into the cupboards.

The dishwasher is on its last and I want to replace it. I'm told literally any integrated slimline dishwasher will do as they all have the same fittings and dimensions, so the original Barrett wooden front will fit straight on.

Does anyone know if this is correct please? Or, does anyone know instances this hasn't been true?

Thanks for any help,

JJ

Sponsored Links
The dishwasher will fit in the space for it, but if the door fits it will be a bloomin' miracle......can you still buy the same appliance?
John :)

The dishwasher will fit in the space for it, but if the door fits it will be a bloomin' miracle......can you still buy the same appliance?
John :)

Hi John, thanks for the quick response. I thought that would be the case.

It's a phillips whirlpool dishwasher. I can't get the same model, but the current ones look pretty similar.

Going to check the measurements against this one when I get home:
http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/45cm_wide_Slimline_Fully_Integrated_Dishwasher_ADG175/version.asp

Cheers,

JJ

The one in your link looks to have the controls along the top edge of the door whereas your old one will probably have a fascia panel on the top front face of the door. Your wooden panel therefore won't be tall enough. You need to try and find a dishwasher with a front fascia the same size as your existing one.

Sponsored Links
There is a difference between integrated and built-in. Integrated generally refers to a machine that fits in line with the cabinets but has controls on the front panel with a décor panel covering the remainder of the door. Built-in is completely concealed by the door with controls on the top edge of the door. Slimline dishwashers (integrated or built-in) generally fit in a 450mm wide appliance space. Hence you may well have a short décor panel rather than a full-height door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back