Will BAL primer do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just plasterboarded my bathroom with standard board. And now am worried that it won't be sufficient as one of the corners is where I will be having the shower eventually. It's already plasterboarded now so short of removing the boards and replacing with more suitable boarding..I may just have to live with this.
My main query is that I plan to tile the room from bath to ceiling directly onto the plasterboard and have read that I must use a primer like BAL before tiling. Will that be enough with a strong tile adhesive (recommendations welcomed)..the tiles are quite large (300mm x 500mm) so I am worried about them holding on the plasterboard... Other people have advises me to skim the wall prior to tiling too, is that advisable? And if so, would I still need to use primer?
All advice welcomed, as you can tell...I'm fudging along at the mo. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dont bother with plasterboard even moisture resistant in a shower.
It will fail.
Use a cement based board well supported (Aquapanel or equivalent)

Dont bother with plasterboard even moisture resistant in a shower.
It will fail.
Use a cement based board well supported (Aquapanel or equivalent)

You could have the option of tanking the PB or MR PB. Probably works out cheaper and easier using cement board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back