1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Will CH pressure drop if no inhibitor has been added?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by blueharvester, 16 Oct 2010.

1. blueharvester

blueharvester

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We recently had our CH system converted from an open vented to a sealed system and have found that the pressure drops from 1.5bar to 0.5bar when the heating is on for more than a few hours.

There is currently no inhibitor in the system, so would this cause the drop in pressure or is it more likely that there is a leak somewhere?

2. yerino

yerino

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Has it dropped 1 bar more than once? .. If so theres a leak!

3. Sponsored Links
  4. petit_pablo

petit_pablo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Amount of inhibitor in a system wont make any dfference to the pressure.

If its losing pressure quickly its probably got a leak somewhere.

5. blueharvester

blueharvester

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It drops 1bar every time I have the heating on for more than a few hours. I then have to top it back up to 1.5bar.

Incidentally, I have noticed on two of the radiators downstairs, when cold, there is a small amount of moisture weeping from the valve joints. It's not enough moisture to drip but I can detect it by using some tissue paper. Would this be enough of a leak to constitute a 1bar drop in a few hours?

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links