Will flushing the radiators remove a blockage in the boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The water pressure in my boiler (an Ariston Genus) is very low. I tried to fill it up as I have done in the past, but no water was flowing in.
When I called somebody to service my boiler, he told me that the filling pipe is blocked and that my boiler will soon die. He said that the only way that we may unblock it is to flush the radiators (at a cost of 300 pounds).

I was wondering how it is possible to unblock the filling pipe by flushing the radiators. Is it a waste of money? Do I really need a new boiler or I can remove the blockage in some way?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
A

Sponsored Links
sounds like a fly by night chancer. Get someone who knows what they're doing. The answer is no, its unlikely to make the slightest bit of difference.

Sounds like the non-return valve is faulty. Probabaly £5 for the part, drain down to replace.
Chance rlooking to make some money

Sponsored Links
Where did you find this guy?

People like him spoil our reputation!

There really are few of them but I find that some people who call me dont trust me and so I ask them to find someone else who they can trust!

I normally manage to unblock the old one if I dont have a new one with me as I normally would.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back