Will gloss tile sealer gloss the grout lines?

• Thread starter johnheritage
  • Start date
J

johnheritage

Awwww god damn I'm tired... I have pulled my neck AND back, have a cold AND the squits, yet continue with the DIY dammit tiling.

The grout lines are pretty nice, I've got almost all of them dead on the spacers.

I was wondering if I can go a bit further at the end and make it look even more like a continuous surface with a gloss grout sealer, to make the lines blend with the glaze even more.

The tiles are regular cheapo white ceramics. The grout will be white as well.

Or is glossing the grout going to show it up more, as a gloss finish shows up the roughness in wood finishes?

This is a bathroom.

I switched from BAL Rapidset to BuildFix Super Flexible, as both are highly polymer modified, thick and thin bed, for wet areas and flexible, but the latter is £25 a bag and the BAL is £45. Half an hour open time, 8 hour pot life, very quick grab.

I used a BAL tanking / waterproofing kit for the bath / shower area. Works okay, but a sting at £75 for what I suspect is mainly PVA and then SBR.

Used cementone Tanking slurry for the floor - which is cement mixed with SBR. £30 a 25kg bag - and a bit of an annoyance to work with.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back