Will I get my money back??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nearly a month ago I placed an order with on-line bathroom site - for items worth nearly GBP600. I was told items would be delivered the following week on the Friday. The Thursday before the delivery - I phoned to confirm but was told I was mistaken - as they did not deliver on Fridays. I had certainly been told that day as had arranged for workmen to come in to do job. 2 weeks later - still no delivery date - so cancelled order and asked for refund to my debit cards. That is a week ago and still no refund and no e-mail confirming refund. Have phoned 5 times today and sent 2 e-mails - but am seriously worried about getting money back e.g. they say in afternoon I cannot be put through to Accounts - when in morning - I could ( but wasn't).I have been told I'm being sent e-mail confirmation of refund but do not get any e-mail. What shall I do? Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
I am no financial expert but "How Did You Pay"? IF you used a credit card isn't it up to your credit card company to chase this up if they have gone bust, as it certainly sounds a bit dodgy that they are so hard to get hold of...

Hope all works out for you...

Contact your credit card compamy. They are liable for anything you purchase over £100.

Note that this does not apply if you used a debit card though.

Anything bought on credit card is insured by cc company.
If you used cheque or debit card, contact bank immediately and ask to stop cheque or reverse payment for non-delivery of items.

Brief letter to M.D. of company to tell him about your bad experience, the fact that you have canceled the order but have not had a refund despite promise, and really don't want to resort to legal action.

Find out what the M.D. is called, and send it to him marked as personal and confidential to the registered office, nowhere else.

Call the company and ask for registered office address, and the full name of M.D. They are required by law to tell you, don't let them fool you with data protection act, it does not apply.
If they ask you why you want to know, tell them: "To serve legal notice, what else?" Say nothing else, unless they actually put you through to the M.D.

Sponsored Links
If you paid with either a visa debit or credit card you can claim back through the issuer.

Not many people know about the chargeback facility on visa debit cards which gives you near enough the same protection as a credit card.

James

Unfortunately I have had dealings with bathmart too. Had a successful order a few months back but having terrible trouble with another order. Again over £600 of stuff, some of it was delivered after 4 weeks but the bath was damaged and now over 2 weeks waiting for replacement when I know the manufacturer has them in stock. There is something going on as no satifactory explanation for the wait even though told I will have to wait another week at least. I cannot speak to a supervisor or anyone else, only vague answers being given. I have now cancelled the remainder of the order but have to wait until they pickup the damaged bath before I can have a refund. Not been given date when they will pick up the bath. Very very frustrating as I know there is something going on but they just tell you nothing.

Unfortunately I have had dealings with bathmart too. Had a successful order a few months back but having terrible trouble with another order. Again over £600 of stuff, some of it was delivered after 4 weeks but the bath was damaged and now over 2 weeks waiting for replacement when I know the manufacturer has them in stock. There is something going on as no satifactory explanation for the wait even though told I will have to wait another week at least. I cannot speak to a supervisor or anyone else, only vague answers being given. I have now cancelled the remainder of the order but have to wait until they pickup the damaged bath before I can have a refund. Not been given date when they will pick up the bath. Very very frustrating as I know there is something going on but they just tell you nothing.[/qu

i ordered heritage products from bathmart at the beginning of november and was told that the goods would arrive in 1-2 weeks and i asked if it would definately be in that time frame because i needed them quickly and was told yes. it was about a month before the toilet arrived and i am still waiting for the sink, every week i am given a different excuse, i have wasted days waiting in and when i phone them they say they will have to look into it and call me back, they dont - i have to call them. i had to cancel the plumber twice at short notice because i believed their excuses and that the goods would arrive. i wont phone the plumber now until i have the goods - if they ever turn up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back