Will New Radiator Affect Cabling ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to install a full new central heating system in my home and am just wondering about one potential problem - I have two cables, one for phone and one coax for Virgin Media TV/Broadband running alongside a skirting board in my living room where a radiator is going to be installed under the window. I am wondering if these cables would be OK in such close proximity to the radiator ? I could alternatively move the cables to run along the underside of the window sill, but that would still be right next to the radiator. Will the level of heat from a radiator be a problem for such cabling or can they withstand such heat without trouble ? My alternative will be to re-route the cables up above the window and around it, but I will need extensions for that.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
won't be a problem,
tuck them under the carpet and never let them be seen again :D

Hi, thank you - its a bit messy though under the carpet with a lot of nails etc so do you reckon it'd be alright under the window sill just sitting above the radiator?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back