New radiators not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had 2 new radiators installed and niether one of them heat up as much as the others. I have noticed that one of the pipes that feed the radiator is very hot whereas the other pipe is not so hot and neither is the radiator itself. After a long time the bottom of the radiator is not as hot as the top. I have made sure there is no air in the radiator and both of the valves are fully open. I am not a plumber so don't really understand what the problem could be - they are both brand new radiators and the boiler itself was replaced a year ago.

Sponsored Links
Check out the FAQ's regarding balancing radiators....basically this involves restricting the flow through some of them so the other ones can get their share of hot water.
John :)

You say you 'had them installed' did the fitter not get it running properly in the first place or was it fitted by a non plumber friend or whatever?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back