Will Residue Weedkiller Kill My Lawn?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've used my pressure spray to spray weeds with weedkiller. Now I want to use it to spray my lawn with lawn food. Do I need to worry about residue weedkiller? Or will a quick rinse be sufficient? I don't want to kill my lawn.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I expect you mean you used Glyphosate. The instructions probably say wash out three times. Put it in the kitchen sink, wash out once with water, then refill with warm water and a drop of WUL, pump it up and let it squirt out through the sprayer, then when empty, a plain water rinse. Like homeopathic medicines, there is so little of the chemical remaining that it has no effect.

BTW, for fertilisers, a watering can is the usual method. You want them to be very dilute.

Keen gardeners buy a red watering can for weedkiller, and use a green one for everything else.

There are special hormone weedkillers for use on lawns, and they are very persistent, causing stunted and distorted growth on some other plants, especially tomatoes.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back