Weedkiller

The bottle will arrive this week but I've read in many reviews that the instructions are not very clear.
I think I had the same bottle, has all the different agriculture uses written on the label. But am pretty sure I read it was 20ml. I've used it all up, so can't check.

Edited to add.
This is the one I bought and it's 20ml to 1 ltr. (is same stuff as Herts' link after all).
https://www.gardenersdream.co.uk/rosate-360-tf-1-litre-p579
Very powerful stuff, works better than any other I used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
OK, I found the instructions for that product. It doesn’t say anything about using a watering can - it’s mostly about different kinds of sprayer you can fix to the back of your tractor :)

But here is a different glyphosate that is more targetted at home use: https://www.protect-garden.co.uk/job-done-general-purpose-weedkiller-concentrate-500ml - it’s the same ingredient, but less concentrated (and more expensive). It says 100ml per 1l (i.e. 10%) for sprayers and 60ml per 5l for watering cans (i.e. 1.2%). That’s about 8 times weaker dilution for watering can use.

So for your product, which is more concentrated, you would want 20ml of concentrate per 8l of water.

This makes sense; it’s easy to visualise the flow from a watering can giving at least 8 times as much total liquid when you pour it over a plant, compared to spraying with droplets of liquid. The aim is to deliver the same total amount of active ingredient.

Are there any issues with applying this when its raining or the ground is wet?
To be clear on the above, are we saying 20ml solution to 8l water when using the watering can?

Sponsored Links
Have you read the instructions that came with it yet?????

BC19BA3C-E53E-409E-9FCC-1A059CE2AC3D.jpeg

Jupiter you are not going to like what I'm going to say : there are better ways to manage weeds than with weedkillers. Ground covers work perfectly well. Have you not seen the recent news ? A grounds keeper successfully sued Monsanto in a US court because weed killer caused his cancer. You do not want this stuff anywhere near you , or anywhere near the environment. It's already been banned in other European countries because trials implicated weed killer as causing mutilations and birth defects in livestock. It's extremely deterimental to the environment, and wil kill pollinating insects as well as good soil bacteria and fungi. Again, I strongly urge that you use ground cover instead. You are taking the wrong approach. Once it's in the ground the poison will sit there for years , god help anyone that wants to grow fruit or vegetables swamped in soil soaked weed killer. You want inexpensive groundcover from a garden centre.. something that lets water through but prevents light. Return the weed killer and get your money back.

Last edited:
I use dishwasher salt (dissolved in water) to kill the weeds on my drive.

Use Rostate 360.

Our first (rented) house had a gravel driveway which sprouted weeds in April. I covered the entire driveway in a diluted solution of this and they were dead within the week. In all our time at that house nothing ever grew back there.

Dangerous in irresponsible hands but very effective if controlled sensibly.

Use Rostate 360

It's just another trade name for Glyphosate.

Perhaps your gravel did not contain soil and organic matter, increasing the time the chemical took to become inactive and harmless.

Yes and it was that trade name I found to be the most readily-available cheapest. I was just recommending it as it's on a well-known online retailer at a reduced price.

Just a membrane and soil below the surface of the driveway.

Guys,

I used this in a watering can : 8l of water with 20ml of solution and the weeds still look the same. This is a picture 30 hours on from the application. Is this expected and how long does the process take?

Attachments

• 645C77F1-02C5-4AD5-91D7-84061A315439.jpeg
    645C77F1-02C5-4AD5-91D7-84061A315439.jpeg
    704.3 KB · Views: 215

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back